Ingenuity in Full Swing at Metal Craft Docks
What do you do when you have a lakefront residence with steep slopes, high seawall and crushing Lake Erie waters? You build a custom stair section with a cable lift! The Metal Craft aluminum stair system in the video was designed specifically to allow the residents of an Erie, PA lake home to access the otherwise inaccessible shoreline. The system consists of five platforms in various length sections with 3 ft. widths and handrails, along with four sections of 3 ft. wide stairs with the longest section measuring 20 ft. The last section is made with a standard stair section and modified components typically used on our PWC lifts to allow for the cabling system to function properly.
Metal Craft has been making stair systems for over 40 years. Due to the diversity at every site, we encourage anyone interested in our aluminum
stairs to contact a local authorized dealer for assistance with their project. This particular system would not have been possible without the help of Dahlkemper Landscape Architects or the creativity of Metal Craft President, Jeff Atchley.
To view photos from the installation site, please visit us on Facebook:
- Metal Craft Docks Celebrates 80th Anniversary
- BruceSki’s Marine Construction to Exhibit at Progressive Chicago Boat Show
- Ingenuity in Full Swing at Metal Craft Docks
- Metal Craft Docks at the Central New York Boat Show
- Metal Craft Docks at the Northern Illinois Boat Show
- Join us at the Mid-America Boat Show